Save and Educate Girl Child
We all know very well that ‘Women‘ are the most important section of the society and equally participate in the life existence on the earth. However, regular decrease in the sex ratio of female in India because of the crimes against women, it has created the fear of total finish of women. So, it is very necessary to save girl child in order to maintain the ratio of women in India. It has been a most important topic as a social awareness in the Indian society which youths of the country must know about.
Girls are equally as important as boys in the society to maintain the social equilibrium. Few years ago, there was huge reduction in the number of women in comparison to the man. It was so because of the increasing crimes against women such as female foeticide, dowry deaths, rape, poverty, illiteracy, gender discrimination and many more. To equalize the number of women in the society, it is very necessary to aware people greatly about the save girl child. Government of India has taken some positive steps regarding save girl child such as protection of women from domestic violence act 2005, ban of female infanticide, immoral traffic (prevention) act, proper education, gender equality, etc.
Following are some initiatives launched by the central or state government regarding save girl child:
- In order to protect the girl child, a Ladli Scheme was launched and implemented by the Delhi & Haryana Government in 2008. The aim of this scheme was controlling female foeticide as well as improving status of girl child through education and equal gender rights.
- Sabla Scheme launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development in 2011 aiming to empower adolescent girls through education.
- Dhanalakshmi Scheme was launched in 2008 by the Ministry of Women and Child Development aiming to provide cash transfer to the family of girl child after birth, registration, and immunization.
- Kishori Shakti Yojna was launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development aiming to improve nutritional and health condition of adolescent girls.
- Sukanya Samridhi Yojana was launched to ensure equitable share to a girl child by the family.
- “Beti Bacho, Beti Padhao” (means save girl child and educate girl child) scheme was launched in 2015 for the welfare of women.
Various Effective steps to be taken for saving a girl child:
- The position of girl child in Indian society is backward since ages because of the extreme desire of parents for the boy-child. It has created gender inequality in the society and has been very necessary to remove by bringing gender equality.
- Extreme poverty in the society has created social evil against women as dowry system which worsens the situation of women. Parents generally think that girls are only to spend money that’s why they kill girl child before or after birth in many ways (female infanticide, dowry deaths, etc). Such issues need to be removed urgently in order to save girl child.
- Illiteracy is another issue which can be removed through proper education system for both genders.
- Empowering women is the most effective tool to save girl child.
- People should be aware through some effective campaigns regarding save the girl child.
- A girl child is unsafe inside as well as outside the mother’s womb. She has fear in many ways all through the life with the men whom she gives birth. She is ruled by the men whom she gives birth and it is totally the matter of laugh and shame for us. Education is the best tool to bring revolution of saving and respecting a girl child.
- A girl child should be given equal access and opportunities in every field.
- There should be safety and security arrangement for girls at all the public places.
- Family members of a girl child can be better target to make save the girl child campaign successful.
The Importance of Girl Education:-
The saying goes “When you educate a man, you educate a man but when you educate a woman, you educate a generation”. Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao is the social awareness campaign making the parents celebrate the birth of a baby girl instead of getting unhappy.
Hundreds of years have witnessed Indian families not rejoicing on the birth of girl child not only in rural areas but also in educated urban circles. On the top of it, the orthodox families used to go for female foeticide or abandoning the girl child, if at all she happened to be born. Social and family constraints did not allow the Girls to go to school or to opt for higher studies.Despite all the campaigning and laws framed earlier, the process continued without much awareness. However, after the new Government led by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi took over in 2014, an effective initiative with a new campaign ‘Beti bachao Beti padho’ (Save girl child, educate a girl child) has been launched by the Government of india. The social campaign aims to generate awareness and improve the efficiency of welfare services intended for girls. Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme aims at making girls independent both socially and also financially through education. This approach of the Government can facilitate in generating awareness and improving the efficiency of delivery of welfare services meant for women.
Each and every citizen of the India must follow all the rules and regulations made for saving the girl child as well as improving the position in the society. Girls should be considered as equal as boys by their parents and given same opportunities in all the working areas.
“Save girl child, save future generations”