Beer – Good or Bad For Health.
Beer is an alcoholic drink.
Beer is used for preventing heart disease and stroke. It is also used to reduce the chance of death from heart attack, for preventing decline of thinking skills later in life, for Alzheimer disease, and for many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support these uses.
EFFECTIVE FOR :
- Maintaining thinking skills with aging.
- Congestive heart failure.
- Preventing ulcers caused by a bacterium called Helicobacter pylori.
- Reducing the risk of death from cancer.
Insufficient evidence to rate effectiveness for..
- Preventing Alzheimers disease.
- Weak bones.
- Preventing prostate cancer.
- Preventing breast cancer.
- Preventing gallstones
- Preventing kidney stones.
- Stimulating appetite and digestion.
- Other conditions
How does beer work?
Beer is thought to help prevent heart disease by increasing high density lipoprotein (HDL) also known as ” good cholestrol”. Also the vitamin B6 ( pyridoxine) contained in beer can help lower homocysteine levels, a chemical considered to be be one of the risk factors for heart disease.